Date: Sunday, February 9th, 2020
Time: 3:15 pm – 5:30 pm
- Do you want to play duplicate bridge in a more relaxed setting?
- Do you want to meet other bridge players at your level?
- Have you completed Modern Bridge 2 and want to see how duplicate play really works?
- Do you go to supervised play and wonder what your bidding would look like if Su or James didn’t help?
- Do you play on Monday mornings and want a little more practice?
- Do you have less than 20 masterpoints?
Then we have the event for you.
Welcome to our first “Social” Duplicate Bridge Party.
While this is NOT a sanctioned game, we will try to get through 8-9 boards while having E/W and the boards move as they do in regular duplicate play.
Starting with appetizers and beverages, we will all get to know each other a little better. We’ll do a brief coverage of convention cards and score keeping for each pair. Then we’ll move on to play with duplicate boards, bidding boxes, convention/score cards, and an onsite director to help us with any procedural aspects of the game we may be unsure of. At the end of play, keep your score card. We’ll send you a copy of the hands and an expert’s analysis of the hands.
Sign up with a partner or ask us to find you one.
** There is no deadline for signing up – but please RSVP as soon as you can to help us estimate the number of pairs. If you are unsure whether this is for you – please feel free to contact Laura to discuss.